About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Tuesday, May 26, 2020

A Better Day

What started out as a bleak and depressing day actually shaped up to be quite nice. By late morning the clouds lifted and the sun began to shine. The temperatures warmed and invited us to come outside to play. Quarantining during Memorial Day caused us to shift our plans, but we ended up having a surprisingly pleasant day!

We went for a long walk in the afternoon. I honestly can't remember the last time our little family went for a stroll. Timmy was a little chatterbox, pointing out all of the numbers and letters he spied along the way.  He is learning by leaps and bounds right now. I'm glad that we are all home to be able to help foster his new discoveries.

In the evening Robby and I escaped through the neighborhood on our bikes. We rode for nearly an hour, just enjoying the weather and chatting. It is hard to believe that he is going to be 14 in a few days. He is growing up so quickly, but I love that he still wants to spend time with me.

I definitely missed my extended family and our traditions, but when push came to shove we ended up having a nice day. I'm hoping that this virus dissipates soon so that we can reunite the Cousin Crew. I know that my boys are chomping at the bit to hang out with their cousins again!

No comments:

Post a Comment