About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Wednesday, May 27, 2020

Car Wash

Yesterday was busy from the moment I woke up until long after the sun finally set. I wish I had more to show for my efforts, but I wasn't busy with anything particularly fun or productive. Sometimes, tying up loose ends and putting the finishing touches on projects takes an inordinate amount of time. 

Thankfully the weather was cooperative, allowing Timmy to happily play outside while I camped out on the picnic table with my laptop. Even if I was working, it felt wonderful feeling the warm sunshine on my face and shoulders. Timmy was happy as could be washing the cars and playing with the hose. He spent nearly three hours dutifully washing both cars (several times), relishing in the task and the prospect of earning "metal money."  

After a few hours I logged off, put my computer inside and joined him for a water fight.  He loves nothing more than trying to squirt me with the hose while I run to avoid it. Inevitably, he always wins and I always end up getting wet.  It didn't take long before I was as soaking wet as him, but hearing him shriek with laughter was worth it.


No comments:

Post a Comment