About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Wednesday, July 08, 2020

Covid Anxiety

As the Covid numbers creep (or leap in some areas) back up, I find my anxiety skyrocketing. I am having a hard time focusing and my mind frequently wanders back to the grim news. I'm scared, angry and frustrated simultaneously. It turns out that my current concoction of emotions leads to both mental and physical exhaustion.

Yesterday I realized that the constant stream of news on the television is not only impacting my mental health, but that it is also impacting Timmy. He referenced a lot of people going to a "dirt hole" because of the bad germs. He didn't want to go into his pool, which is in our driveway, without his mask for fear of becoming sick. When I asked him where he learned about that, he casually said, "from the news." 

As hard as it is going to be, I am going to have to disconnect from the news. I need to refocus on what I can control instead of what seems to be spinning out of control. I hate that Timmy is so scared! It is my job to worry, not his.

Timmy needs Paw Patrol, Wallykazaam and probably The Polar Express. Starting today, I am no longer going to obsess over Covid. I know how to protect my little family, but I am going to try to release my anxiety over the well-being of everybody else.  At least, that's the plan!

No comments:

Post a Comment