About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Tuesday, March 01, 2022

Quick Fix

Regardless of my activity, my thoughts keep going back to Ukraine. I feel compelled to watch the news constantly. Irrationally, it feels like turning it off would equate turning a blind eye to the situation. Logically I know that isn't true. My watching has no impact on the situation. I suppose I am feeling helpless and, as strange as it sounds, watching is the only way I can offer support.

I've realized that the constant stream of the same information isn't good for my mental health. Today the weather will be warmer, so I plan on spending a few hours outside with Timmy. The fresh air has always helped clear my head and recenter me. I hope that today will be no different. 

My leg is feeling more comfortable. I managed to create some pads on my liner which has helped to keep it more secure. I am still waiting to see my prosthetist to determine a permanent solution. Like everything else, I am stuck in waiting mode. Patience is a little easier because I am again comfortable, but I worry that my quick fix will only be temporary.

No comments:

Post a Comment