About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Wednesday, March 02, 2022

Marijuana Holes

 Although Timmy has become increasingly independent with his schoolwork, I try to remain nearby whenever he is in a Zoom class. Technical glitches and the need for last minute supplies often derail the classes, and I've learned that it is easier if I just stay close to lend a hand and to get him back on track. I also enjoy hearing the class in the background because the conversations I overhear are often quirky and unexpected.

Yesterday Timmy had show-and-tell at the end of his Circle Time class. When the teacher asked her students to share a story, I asked Timmy if he needed help to come up with an idea. "Don't worry Momom. I've got this." My interest was piqued. Needless to say, I turned the television down so I could hear.

Timmy waited patiently as each of his classmates had a turn to share. He asked questions and appropriately oohed over each story. When it was finally his turn, sat up straight and started to tell his friends about his new challenge.

In a loud and proud voice, he began to share. 

"I have been digging a giant marijuana hole outside. It is going to be the deepest hole ever. It will definitely be the best marijuana hole in Virginia. My marijuana hole is now 14 and I am going to make it deeper. My brother used to dig marijuana holes too but mine is better."

After he finished talking I immediately popped in and corrected his pronunciation. He was not digging a marijuana hole. He was trying to dig a hole as deep as the Mariana Trench. His teacher just nodded and smiled. 

Hopefully the DEA will not show up at my house to investigate the marvelous marijuana holes Timmy so proudly bragged about.

No comments:

Post a Comment