About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Wednesday, May 10, 2023

Spring Fair

 I woke up early Tuesday (around 1 AM) sick. I moved to the couch because I knew I was squirmy and did not want to wake up Scott. I tried laying on still for awhile to let the moment pass but I was unsuccessful. Before I knew it, the vomiting began and I dissolved into a hot and sweaty mess. I am not sure of the cause but the result left little doubt- it was going to be a miserable day.

As the hours passed my stomach began to calm and my strength slowly returned. After being away for two weeks I am feeling overwhelmed with everything left unattended in my absence. This was not a good time for me to be down for the count! Despite my efforts, yesterday was a struggle.

Today I am feeling better albeit physically drained. I'm so tired I feel like I could sleep the entire day. There is no chance of that happening anytime soon. My schedule is packed for the next few days, and it looks like my next opportunity for a nap is Sunday. 

In preparation for his school Spring Fair, Robby has been furiously 3d printing for the past several weeks. He is planning to sell his flexible dolphins and chameleons to raise money for a trip he wants to take next summer through the National World War II Museum. Today all of his efforts come to a culmination at the Spring Fair. I will be helping him man the booth and sell his wares. It's going to be a beautiful day so hopefully the fair will be successful.

 He is planning to sell the chameleons for $5 and the dolphins for $10 (based upon the print time). Fingers crossed he can make a dent in his fundraising goal today!



 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment