About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Monday, May 08, 2023

Prom

 My Mom was discharged from the rehab hospital on Friday, allowing her to rest and recover at home. It was agreed that she could continue to progress just as quickly through out-patient physical therapy. She is not independent but she is able to get to and from the bathroom, bedroom and sun room. With everything moving towards recovery, I felt comfortable packing up and heading home. 

I was conflicted leaving because I wanted to stay to help my mom but I also had obligations that were waiting at home. Saturday was Robby's prom and I wanted to see him off. I arrived home on Friday afternoon, allowing me time to rest and unpack from our extended trip before the new week begins. Most importantly, I was able to help Robby prepare for prom.

Although he didn't have a date (none of his friend group dates), he was meeting his crew at the venue. Scott took him shopping last week and the pair picked out a nice black suit with a silver shirt. I know that I am biased, but he was so handsome! He was nervous before the dance but the smile on his face radiated through the parking lot when we picked him up. He had a blast!

Yesterday was spent unpacking, cleaning and working. I feel overwhelmed with everything that needs to be done. The next few days will be busy- Wish me luck!

 






 

No comments:

Post a Comment