About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Friday, May 05, 2023

Home

 Today my mom comes home from rehab. She has been in a hospital for 12 days now and everybody, especially her dog, are eager for her to come home. Initially the rehab team wanted to keep her until Sunday but they were persuaded to discharge her early. I'm concerned that she is not entirely ready but I also recognize that you can't force her to do anything she doesn't want to do. 

I just hope that she is ready because, given her current pain levels and mobility issues, I am concerned. She continues to struggle with intense pain which has impacted her ability to fully participate in her therapy. Movement is still both difficult and painful. I suppose I worry that she is coming home because she insisted and not because she is truly ready. 

Regardless of her readiness, she is coming home. I spent last night cleaning up her bedroom and packing my things. With my Mom coming home today and my niece returning from college, Timmy and I are losing our room. I feel guilty leaving as she is just coming home, but Robby has prom this weekend and I am on the decorating committee.  Thankfully my mom will have a full house with a lot of help over the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment