About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Monday, May 01, 2023

Rehab

Once the surgeon informed us that my mom underwent a complete knee replacement I knew that my plans were going to be thrown out the window. Thankfully I'm in a position where pivoting is relatively easy. Yesterday I met Scott halfway so that he could bring me some more clothes and he could take Robby home. Timmy and I are going to stay in Pennsylvania until my Mom is home from rehab and settled into a routine. 

My Mom was finally transferred to a rehab hospital on Friday evening. I would be lying if I said she was happy about her current situation. She wants to be home and she wants life to return to normal. Unfortunately her leg has a new knee implanted and she needs to get stronger and learn how to use it. Today she will begin physical and occupational therapy. I'm hoping that her previous experience as a knee replacement user will work to her advantage.

While she was battling the pain and her circumstances, I spent the days trying to work and keep the kids occupied. With the school week resuming, that task should be a little easier today. With his Nana away and everybody upset, Timmy has been off his game. The 'normalcy' of his school day should help to ease his frazzled nerves. 

The weekend of constant rain certainly did no favors in terms of my entertaining the kids. I'm so glad to see the sunshine this morning. Hopefully that is a sign that everything will start to brighten and turn around!

No comments:

Post a Comment