About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Wednesday, May 29, 2024

Food Tour

 I was nervous walking into the Gala on Friday evening. Although I bought myself a new dress and Robby looked handsome in his suit, I worried that we were under dressed. Looking around at the other attendees it became clear that the audience was divided into two distinct categories: those for whom Gala attendance is a regular occurrence and those who went to Kohl's for the very prettiest 'fancy' dress they could find. I definitely fit into the second group, but so did most of the other chaperones so I was in good company.

Saturday morning was spent volunteering at a local elementary school. In the afternoon we were able to venture into the French Quarter by ourselves for a little adventure away from the group. We decided to use our free hours by going on a New Orleans Historical Food Tour. We had a blast!

I loved being able to try so many different foods in unique restaurants. Robby thoroughly enjoyed learning about the history of each food as we chowed down. We weren't sure what to expect from a food tour. I worried it would be Costco style samples on a street corner. Instead we were led into private rooms in each restaurant where we were met with full place settings, food and water. It was great to be able to sit down for a few minutes as we ate our way through the French Quarter. 

Sunday morning we packed up, headed to the airport and flew home. It was a quick trip but one that will remain with me forever. What an amazing experience!












No comments:

Post a Comment