About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Thursday, May 30, 2024

Happy Birthday Robby

 Happy Birthday Robert (formerly known as Robby)!  

I cannot believe that 18 years ago I first met my sweet little Koopa. It feels like yesterday I was lying in the hospital holding my little baby. This morning he is waking up of legal voting age. Although in the eyes of the law he is officially an adult, he will always be my little boy. 

I feel overwhelmed when I think about the years that have passed and the adventures that we have enjoyed. I cannot wrap my head around the fact that his official 'childhood' has come to an end. Instead of feeling sad for the time that has gone, I'm choosing to bask in the wonderful memories and dream about all of the wonderful adventures to come. 

I've always loved every stage of his development and I thought I would mourn them as he has grown up. But I've learned that the next stage has always unraveled and introduced new elements into our relationship that have been wonderful. I can only assume that the trend will continue as he becomes an adult. 

I am so incredibly proud of the young man that Robby has become. I'm so grateful to be his Mom Mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment