About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Tuesday, September 17, 2024

100 days

 Yesterday I learned that the final words my brother heard before he was shot were filled with racial hate. I am not terribly surprised to learn about the racist recording that was captured on the body cam footage, but the news still brought me to my knees. The tragedy of Jae's death continues to compound. Trying to find a silver lining, I am holding onto possibility of hate crimes may be added to the mix of charges that the police officer is facing for murdering my brother. 

Of course, we will have to break through the 'blue wall' first, and that feels absolutely impenetrable. The establishment is designed to protect the police and all those involved. I may never break down the wall, but I can make a hell of a lot of noise around it!

On a positive side, yesterday marked 100 days until Christmas. My Countdown Snowman, which has become quite the tradition in our family, is now proudly waving in my living room. Be warned, because time is going to fly between now and Santa!




No comments:

Post a Comment