About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

A Good Day!

I don't even need to get out of bed to know that today is going to be a good day. I have been lobbying for this day for months. After months of fighting with Elsie (my insurance adjuster), I have finally been deemed victorious. Today is new liner day!

It seems strange how a small change can make such a positive difference. I doubt a four-limbed individual could truly comprehend the importance of a new liner. I liken a new liner to the comfort of a pair of sweat pants just out of the dryer combined with support received from the "perfect" fitting jeans.

A new liner provides more compression on my residual limb, minimizing the pesky "stinging" of angry nerve endings. It is without the odor and holes that I have been pulling onto my limb for the past several months. It is wonderful to pull on a liner that isn't torn, stretched and pitted.

I hesitate to admit this, but a new liner provides me with more confidence. It is not unlike the feeling of wearing a sexy new bra for the first time. I know that there is something different, but it is not visible to anybody else. Simply knowing that I'm wearing a new liner is enough to boost my mood.

Soon Robby will be up, and I will get ready for our day. I'm looking forward to pulling on a firm new liner and feeling the cool embedded lotion against my stump. I know that I'm not going to have to worry about the liner falling down or losing suction, at least for a few months. I love new liner day!

No comments:

Post a Comment