About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Sunday, April 04, 2010

The Easter Bunny's Big Mistake

Happy Easter! After much anticipation and hours of preparation, the Easter Bunny hopped around the world last night. Yes, to the delight of Robby, apparently the Bunny hopped to our house too!

I took Robby to an Easter egg hunt Saturday at the Animal Park. With the inquisitive toddler safely out of the way, Scott went full force into Easter Bunny mode. He "hopped" right into Toys R Us, completely unsupervised.

Sending Scott into a toy store by himself is always a dangerous proposition for our family budget. He has difficulty restraining himself when it comes to Robby, especially when it comes to selecting toys. He proudly showed me three large, overflowing bags stuffed with toys when I returned from the egg hunt.

Scott plans to sneak outside this morning and hide the toys and eggs around our yard. I organized a small basket of food treats and a colorful pinwheel for a morning surprise, and carefully placed it inside Robby's room. I envisioned Robby's delight when he woke up to find that the Easter Bunny had, indeed, come to his house!

What was the silly Rabbit thinking, placing a basket of treats inside the room of an excited toddler? Obviously the Easter Bunny had a lapse of judgment. Apparently the Bunny failed to consider that the kitten would be attracted to the pinwheel.

The cat started playing with the pinwheel at 3:50 this morning. I know this because Robby came running into my bedroom at 4:00 AM, basket in hand, and thrilled that the Easter Bunny brought him a basket of treats. In approximately 5 seconds the entire basket, which was carefully assembled for optimum visual appeal, was dismantled and strewn around the floor. So much for presentation!

I knew that there was no chance of convincing Robby to go back to sleep, so I cursed the Easter Bunny's stupidity, waved the white surrender flag, and poured a much needed cup of coffee. I switched on cartoons and waited for the caffeine to start working.

Robby is now happily munching on a potato chips and milk breakfast as we wait for Daddy to wake up. (He needs to distribute the rest of the surprises outside.) I reason that children across the country are eating chocolate and jelly beans for breakfast, so potato chips are okay for today. If the Easter Bunny doesn't start "hopping" soon, I'm going to have to go downstairs and wake him up.

** Robby finally got to go search for his surprises. He got a brand new digital camera and took a picture of Mommy all by himself.
I set Robby up with his very own web page this morning. If you want to see the world through the eyes of a my little boy, feel free to check it out.
A budding photographer?
http://robbychenoweth.shutterfly.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment