About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Friday, October 08, 2010

Streaker

I have been feeling out of sorts since returning from the conference. Perhaps the fact that I haven't had a restful sleep is beginning to take its toll. I feel like I'm frantically doggy paddling merely to stay afloat and to keep from drowning in my mounting list of obligations.

Robby hasn't made my job easy. He has chosen this week to jitterbug all over my last remaining nerve. He is needy, whiny and demanding. He has also developed a love of being naked and has turned into a four year old streaker.

Yesterday he was buckled into his car seat as I drove to the grocery store. He took the five minute drive as an opportunity to strip down. I have to hand it to him though, he did manage to remove his underwear without unbuckling his seat belt. It took me almost 15 minutes to get him dressed because he was cold and squirmy. Of course he was cold, he was naked! Apparently he doesn't yet grasp the concept or the purpose of clothing.

There has been a definite chill in the air during the past few days. The house is cold, but an epic battle between Scott and me has kept the heat turned off. Of course, it is easy for him to insist on keeping the heat off since he is at work most of the day, feeling warm and cozy. I'm cold and cranky.

With the house being so chilly, I'm surprised that Robby has not complained of being cold as he runs around naked. As he is body slamming into the pillows on my bed for probably the hundredth time today , I think I discovered my answer. His is not cold because he is in constant motion. I really wish I had his energy!

I love being a Mommy, but I need a vacation- or at least a nap. This weekend is supposed to be warmer, which will take the chill out of the house. Unfortunately, it won't do anything to convince my little streaker to wear clothes. Trying to look on the positive, at least I don't have a lot of laundry to do.

2 comments:

  1. I hope you get your nap! Have you checked into children stories about being naked? Maybe there is something out there that would be fun to read together and maybe get him to realize what clothes are for and when they are needed lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the book thing is what got me into this mess... he loves a book about "Robby the Dinosaur" who is learning to use the potty. "Robby the Dinosaur" doesn't wear any clothes except for a baseball cap. He has been carrying around the book everywhere, and keeps showing me the page to show me that he is "dressed" like the dinosaur. Stupid naked reptile!

    ReplyDelete