About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Orlando Bound

Today I catch a plane and fly to Orlando, Florida, and I will be staying until Saturday. This is the longest amount of time I have been away from Robby. I am sure I will enjoy the first few days, but I'll be ready to come home and see my little buddy by Thursday.

Robby was not happy when he learned about his Momom's trip. He immediately began to cry, pleading for me to stay home. Thankfully, his Nana called and asked him if she could buy him a fishing pole when he went to stay with her. Somehow my Mom always knows exactly what to do, and her timing is impeccable.

Upon hearing the promise of a fishing pole, Robby no longer seemed to lament my leaving. He actually pulled my suitcase down the hall and instructed me to start to put clothes in it. He told me to "get packing so that he can go to Nana's and get a yellow fishing pole." So much for being missed!

I will be spending the next few days in the booth at the AAOP Conference. I think I am one of the few people who actually relishes working the exhibition floor. I love meeting new people and introducing them to various prosthetic options.

I'm looking forward to doing some window shopping and, of course, I'll report back anything that seems interesting. If you are in the area, stop by and to say hi. Oh, send my Mom some good vibes as she takes care of Robby Rotten for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment