About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Friday, June 15, 2012

Happy Summer Vacation!

This morning Scott will turn off the alarm for the last time this school year. He will turn in his keys, walk out the door, and probably skip his way to the car. It is the last day of school!

It's hard to believe that another school year is ending. It feels like just yesterday I was sobbing on the way home from dropping Robby off at school. Now both of my "boys" will be home, and both are thrilled.

This summer will be different than those from the past because I am working more hours. Both boys are going to have to realize that even though they are on vacation, I need to work. I'm anticipating some growing pains as they vie for my attention, but I'm optimistic that we'll eventually fall into a pattern. Of course, by that time it will probably be September!

I predict I will end up waking up early in the morning to get my work done. It's simply easier for me to concentrate when I don't have family distractions. It's amazing how much I can accomplish in the pre-dawn hours when I have a constant stream of coffee in my system. 


If I finish my work early, I'll be able to spend the rest of the morning and afternoon with Scott and Robby.  I really want this summer to be memorable. I know that my seasons of Robby enjoying hanging out with me are numbered. Soon he'll be wanting to swim with his friends instead of  me. It's normal, but it doesn't mean that it won't make me sad. I plan on making the most of the next few months, probably more for me than him.

For the next few months, I just want to enjoy being with my boys and having fun. Inevitably time will fly by and, before I know it, I'll be writing a blog lamenting Robby's return to school. Hopefully I'll be able to reflect on all the good memories we've created as well.  Happy Summer Vacation!

No comments:

Post a Comment