About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Thursday, June 07, 2012

My New Favorite Photo

During the past few years I have been featured in several ads for Ossur's Proprio Foot. Each time I open a magazine and see my image, I feel both a sense of exhilaration and embarrassment. I am not a model by any means, and I am always flattered when my photo is chosen.

I have been fortunate enough to have Robby with me in many of the ads. I am hard on myself and always criticize my own perceived flaws in every photo. However, there can be no denying the fact that the little boy by my side is beyond adorable! Robby is only six, but he has amassed a unique scrapbook filled with a variety of advertisements, fliers, and a catalog cover. What a wonderful keepsake of his childhood.

Typically I am not happy with an advertisement when I first see it because I look at every imperfection.  I am, without a doubt, my worst critic! However, I am featured in a new advertisement that, at the risk of sounding vain, literally left me breathless. I am thrilled with the image and the message. I am proud to be part of this new campaign and the photo that was chosen has become my all-time favorite picture of me and Robby.  What do you think?
 Pardon the poor photo quality, I'm traveling and had to take a photo will my cell phone.  I'll scan the image when I get home.

2 comments:

  1. Peggy,
    The picture is beautiful just like you. I understand the whole being your worst critic. I am the same way and I am a nightmare to shop with because of it. I love this picture of you and Robby, and you are absolutely right, he is adorable. :) You are a very lucky Momom. :)
    <3 Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful ! Thanks for sharing and being such a great " teacher" to all of us who follow your blog.
    Regina

    ReplyDelete