About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Tuesday, December 04, 2012

Bon Voyage!

Greetings from the high seas! Yesterday we checked into our cabin (with a fabulous balcony), hit the first of what will sure to be many buffet meals, and prepared to set sail. We are now cruising, with our first destination set to be Haiti.

Just when I thought it would never happen, my leg is finally showing signs of improvement. Now I can wear my prosthesis for short periods of time, and can even put some weight through the socket. I have to use crutches and I move slowly and require frequent breaks, but I am definitely getting better!

Today we will spend the entire day at sea. Robby has already fully immersed himself in the "Kids Club," informing me last night that he had plans to do some science experiments in the morning so he wouldn't be able to play with me in the pool until after lunch. I guess that leaves me with a few hours to myself.

Hmmm... perhaps I'll check into the on board spa!


No comments:

Post a Comment