About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Friday, April 05, 2013

PRSD

This past week has been a whirlwind. I've been so heavily focused on a report for work that all of my other responsibilities were forgotten. Thankfully Scott was there to pick up the slack by cooking and doing the laundry during my housework hiatus. 

Robby is at an age where he understands that sometimes I have to focus on things other than him. He has been so patient (considering that he is only six) and in order to allow me the time and space to concentrate, he has busied himself with building his Legos and playing XBox. Although I am bothered that we have not been able to eat at the dining room because it is strewn with papers, Robby seems to relish eating his "man food" on the TV tray while curled up on the couch.

I started this project three weeks ago both unsure of how to start and doubtful of my abilities to gather everything together. As I always try to do when I feel overwhelmed by a situation or a project, I made a conscious decision to ignore the sheer amount of work that was going to be required. Instead of looking at everything that I needed to do, I tried to break it down into small chunks and chip my way through the sections. 

In addition to being exhausting, the project has a proven to be oddly exhilarating. It's been a long time since I've been this intellectually challenged. It felt good to be able to work my way through the sections to create a report which is, if you don't mind me bragging, pretty darn good!

Thankfully the entire report (all 150 pages) will be submitted this afternoon. I'm relieved that it is almost over, and now the waiting to hear the results will begin. In the meantime, I think I'm going to schedule a massage. I think I can justify the pampering as a medical expense. I've been hyper-focused for so long that I suspect I'll experience PRSD (post-report stress disorder) when this is all over!

No comments:

Post a Comment