About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Monday, May 13, 2013

My Mother's Day

Yesterday morning I was lying in bed, feigning to sleep as I heard the clanging of pots and pans, the not so loud hushed whispers and the occasional "oh crap" being shouted by both cooks in my kitchen.  By 8 AM my breakfast treat was delivered. Robby handed me the plate and immediately crawled into bed next to me. He eagerly offered to "help" eat my bacon and began to munch away.

By 8:10 I was cleaning up my kitchen and making a second skillet of bacon. Robby and Scott hung my "World's Best Mother" banner and were playing XBox as they waited for the bacon to be delivered. I began to wonder how such a mess could arise from making one breakfast!

Despite cleaning up the disaster area, yesterday I artfully avoided all chores and responsibilities. Much of the day was spent with Robby, watching him skate and playing with him outside. He was sweet, offering me spontaneous hugs and wishing me a Happy Mom's Day without prompts. He even tried to give me the wish that he earned by blowing on the dandelion fluffs, but it was eventually decided that the wishes were non-transferable.

Before I knew it the day was over and everybody was tucked into bed. My day without work certainly flew by! Today it is back to reality and to tackle the chores that I ignored yesterday. Perhaps taking the day off was not the best decision.

I hope that everybody had a wonderful Mother's Day!


No comments:

Post a Comment