About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Monday, July 22, 2013

Home Sweet Home

We had a great time on our Bahamian vacation. With the exception of one day, the weather cooperated providing us with sunny and warm days to spend playing in the pools and ocean. Robby was partial to visiting the aquarium (which we did at least a dozen times) and feeding the various sea animals. Of course feeding the Koopas was his all-time favorite activity and one which we did at each opportunity. 

However, all good things must come to an end, and Saturday morning we woke and headed home. Robby's tears which he shed on the way to the airport were a distant memory as soon as Charlie Cat met us at the door. It was certainly more fun carrying the luggage to the car before we left versus lugging it all back inside after we came home.

Yesterday while Robby happily played with his feline friend, I trudged my way through the mountain of laundry that we had accumulated on our vacation. I continue to be astounded that three people can dirty so many clothes! Scott spent the majority of the day vegging out in front of the television, flipping between various sporting events and movies that he has seen at least a dozen times. I think that we all needed space and time to decompress after the non-stop togetherness and excitement during the past week. Few words were exchanged, and we all seemed content being alone in our separate rooms.

The quiet broke as soon as I put dinner on the table. Robby started chatting about our vacation and relived his favorite adventures. I was happy to be sitting around our dining room table, eating food that I prepared. Although the food at the resort was good, after awhile it all started to taste the same. It was nice to have familiar and distinct flavors again.

Although I could use another day or two to decompress, today I resume our summer schedule. I'm still feeling out of sorts and I'm having a difficult time prioritizing my projects. Hopefully I'll be able to figure out where to start soon because I feel like I'm spinning my wheels right now. I guess my brain is still lounging in the Bahamas.

No comments:

Post a Comment