About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Friday, August 02, 2013

New Opportunities

Although my readership has grown substantially since I started writing, I continue to be in awe that somebody takes time out of their day to read my words. With each blog post, I strive to be honest and unbiased. (My husband would add that at times I am perhaps too honest.) I wanted to use this post to let everybody know about some exciting new opportunities have come my way.

Several months ago I was contacted by an up-and-coming website, Unlimiters.com. The founder wrote to me and offered me the opportunity to author a blog on his site. After sharing his story and his vision for his business, I agreed that it was something that I would feel proud to be associated with and signed on to be a Featured Blogger. 

Each Friday I author a post which features a product that I have found helpful since becoming an amputee. The products that I recommend, along with a myriad of others, become available in the virtual store on the site. Because I would never want to endorse something that I don't use or believe in, each featured product is of my choosing. These blog posts require a different style of writing and the challenge has been rewarding. I invite you to check out the website and blog, and please let me know if you have any product suggestions.  In the quest for full disclosure, I am financially compensated for those blog posts but not for the product sales.

A few weeks ago another interesting opportunity arose. I was contacted by the representatives of a VPN company, HotspotShield.com, and offered a unique partnership. To be honest I had no idea what a VPN was or why one would be necessary. When I received the email I immediately forwarded it to Scott with the request for him to research both the company and the product. 

It turns out that utilizing a VPN is a good idea, especially since I spend so much time on the internet. My IP address is automatically embedded in every email I write. It only takes an individual with unsavory intentions and a little computer knowledge to track down my location. When I learned this, I became alarmed. A VPN filters my messages through a third party server, masking my true location. Although I'm sitting on my couch right now, my computer thinks that I am in Australia. Even though my IP address is from the other side of the world, my surfing speed is not compromised.

Only after the company was vetted by Scott (and my Mom) did I proceed to investigate the partnership. After trying the service for myself and discussing the opportunity with my family, I accepted the offer. I am delighted to announce that I am the new "Mommy Ambassador" for HotspotShield.com!

As part of this new venture I will be exploring some of the benefits and attributes of utilizing this VPN service. From time to time I will mention the company in my blog, but please know that the information and experiences that I share are genuine. Above all else, I strive to maintain the integrity of my blog posts. I just wanted to make everybody aware of my new role and this opportunity.




1 comment:

  1. That was the incentive I needed to get a FitBit - thank you Peggy!
    And thanks for doing such an honest and uplifting blog,
    sandy

    ReplyDelete