About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Monday, September 02, 2013

Labor Day!

The Summer of Awesome is officially coming to a close. Tomorrow morning the boys will wake up (no doubt complaining) and will head off to school. After being busy all summer, the house will again be quiet. I know that we'll quickly adjust to the new schedule, but the change will be difficult for a few days.

This summer has flown by so quickly that it is difficult to fathom that today is Labor Day. Between going to Atlantis, various day trips and spending countless hours at the pool, this has been our best summer yet. I'm sad that it is over, but I also know that returning to the school will be good for everybody.

I've always hated Labor Day primarily because it marked the end of summer and the beginning of school, so our celebrations will be muted. Instead of a big picnic we'll just relax and get ready for the week. We'll go to the pool for the final time of the season. Against the predicted protests, I'll try to get Robby tucked into bed early. After all, tomorrow is a big day!

Happy Labor Day!



No comments:

Post a Comment