About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Friday, September 27, 2013

Weekend Plans

I have a lot of balls juggling right now and, although I'm adept at keeping everything moving and on schedule, sometimes it becomes overwhelming.  There are days I just want to scream, eat a cupcake and hide under the covers. This is one of those days. 

Although I cannot point to one particular thing, I feel as if I am being pulled in so many directions that I risk breaking into pieces. I want to be there for everybody, do everything and shine professionally while still being the best Mom possible for Robby. Somewhere in my quest to satisfy everybody, I've forgotten to care for myself. 

Luckily I abandoned any aspirations of perfection years ago. I now aim for above average. Even with that lowered standard, I'm struggling. I hate disappointing people, but I am becoming frazzled and my reserves are growing low. I need time to recharge my batteries and my ambitions.

I am hoping to spend this weekend doing as little as possible. I promised Robby that we would go see Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs Two. He has been talking about the movie since viewing the first preview months ago. I won't disappoint him and break my promise, So this evening I will be sitting in a theater, munching on popcorn while wearing 3D glasses so I can watch a giant taco try to take over the world.

Other than the movie, I have no plans. I am not going to host a firepit party because I don't want to spend that much time with people. Call me selfish, but I need a few days to just relax. For the next two days, I hope to do absolutely nothing!

No comments:

Post a Comment