About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Monday, April 14, 2014

Sprinkle!

I have tried to focus on the fact that I am going to be a mother again, but the cancer diagnosis coupled with the difficult pregnancy have left me feeling worn out and emotionally exhausted. It is difficult to remain optimistic and happy when I feel like I am being met with bad news at every turn!  Yesterday, as friends and family joined us to celebrate our little miracle, I was reminded that I am extremely fortunate.

I cannot thank my Mom enough for throwing the Sprinkle Shower for us. Although I was initially hesitant about the idea, it turns out that the Sprinkle was just what I needed. My spirits were buoyed, rejuvenating me as we enter the next stages of the pregnancy and ensuing medical journey. I have come to accept that my mom still knows best.

I was overwhelmed with the friends and family who traveled great distances to spend some time with me. So many people sacrificed the first beautiful, warm weather weekend day (after an extraordinarily long winter) to show me that they care. I left the party feeling loved and supported. This little baby is lucky to enter into this wonderful circle of support!

Since I am supposed to be keeping movement to a minimum, I spent the majority of the Sprinkle seated. I was able to talk, eat and enjoy catching up with friends. I have to admit, it was nice not having to do any of the work and accepting the pampering and doting of others.

Robby, along with my niece Tiffany, were the official event photographers. The pair took their roles seriously, snapping pictures of everybody who entered the building (regardless of whether or not they were guests of our party.) The cousins took over 300 hundred photos, highlighting everything from the guests and food to the water fountains and chairs. I couldn't help but smile as I reviewed the photos, seeing the Sprinkle through their eyes was nothing short of charming.

I would like to thank everybody who sacrificed their Sunday afternoon to show us how much they care. I cannot find the words to convey how much the support means to me. It turns out that (yet again) my Mom was right. This baby deserves to be celebrated, and I needed an opportunity just to be happy. For a few hours yesterday afternoon, I was able to escape all of the medical setbacks and obstacles. 

I was tickled with the cards which were sent by readers of this blog. Thank you for caring, for taking time out of your day to check in with my blog, and for the beautiful sentiments and messages of support. Every card will be proudly secured in the baby book, so that this littlest Koopa will know how much everybody cares.

Here are just a few pictorial highlights from Robby.  To view all the photos, visit www.dropshots.com/schenoweth   :)






















No comments:

Post a Comment