About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Friday, August 15, 2014

FAIR!

I have been catapulted into the realm of World's Best Momom because we took Robby to the County Fair. (We took Timmy as well, but he was not nearly as appreciative.) I was concerned about embarking on an adventure which required so much walking, but my leg was feeling comfortable and I figured I had to take a leap at some point.  I stowed a crutch in the car in case it became necessary, but I was determined to go and to have fun. 

Robby, his friend and his Daddy all took off in a full sprint towards the rides as soon as the gates were open. They were the first one on The Viper, a spinning ride which was a favorite from last year. He smiled and giggled throughout the ride. Scott wobbled off, obviously having a little difficulty readjusting his equilibrium.

They spent the next four hours spinning and twirling in all directions. Robby emerged from every ride skipping and smiling. Unfortunately Scott did not fare as well, walking slower and becoming paler with each ride. He was a trooper though and never gave up!

While the boys were busy riding, Timmy and I sat on a centrally located bench with a friend. It has been a long time since I've spent any time with a friend, it was wonderful to just relax and talk. Timmy was enthralled by the lights and sounds. Smiling in his stroller and constantly looking around, I had a happy and content baby. 

On the way out of the Fair we took one small detour. We couldn't leave without playing a game or two, especially when the prize was a Koopa. No surprises, he won!




No comments:

Post a Comment