About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Friday, August 08, 2014

Plan in Motion


Yesterday was both emotionally and physically draining. As I was falling into bed at night, I realized that I am not used to being so busy! I was moving from the moment I woke up until I fell asleep, juggling a day full of with meetings, appointments and the boys.

Although I was physically tired, I have no doubt that much of my exhaustion stemmed from emotions. I went to the oncologist (I still hate writing that phrase) and we finally developed a plan. My next surgery is scheduled for August 21. While I am not thrilled with the prospect of being cut open again, I am relieved to finally have a firm date. I feel like I have been living in a health limbo for months. It is empowering to finally take action, even when the action isn't pleasant.

I feel overwhelmed when I think about the surgery and recovery, so I am resorting to my tried and true adaptation technique. I am ignoring it. I am going to try to focus on having fun during the next two weeks and pack a summer's worth of adventures into a few short days. I will have plenty of time to fret and worry while I am recovering. In the meantime, I have no intention of wasting any more of my summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment