About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Wednesday, April 08, 2015

Friend time

The turmoil of my Dad's illness and subsequent death, as well as the ensuing funerals, has waned giving way to a new normal. I feel overwhelmed when I remember that I can't just pick up the phone to talk to him, so I have been trying to keep busy so that my mind doesn't wander. Yesterday was the first day back to "normal" and I spent the majority of my time working and cleaning, both of which were neglected during the past week.

Although my house is extremely cluttered, I began my morning by cleaning out the car. We spent a lot of time traveling during the past week and the car has become a catchall for trinkets, toys, bottles, mail and assorted trash. Taking the time to clean it out and to stow the funeral pamphlets and pins in a safe location, but out of immediate site, was refreshing. After all of the accumulated "stuff" was purged, Timmy and I drove to the car wash so that we could have a fresh start. 

Between cleaning the car and catching up on work, I didn't have a chance to tackle the inside projects. My house remains a minefield of toys and clutter, all of which will have to wait for another day. Today I am driving to Baltimore for some much needed friend time. There is so much that I should be doing, but I really feel like I need to unwind and take some time for myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment