About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Thursday, April 09, 2015

Friends

Lately I have been feeling lost and overwhelmed. Some days I feel as if I am lost in a mirror fun house desperately trying to find an escape while I keep running into walls. Thankfully my escape arrived yesterday in the form of a visit from a friend.  I was delighted to see Pennie and her little girl. Being around happiness was just what I needed to lift my mood!

My friend Pennie lives in California, so when she emailed me a few months ago to let me know that she was coming to the area, I was overjoyed. I was planning on driving to meet her, but she graciously offered to drive to my house instead. I felt guilty accepting her offer, but I also realized that I was teetering on the brink of exhaustion and avoiding the drive would probably be for the best. It isn't easy for me to accept favors even from friends, but I am trying to push myself out of my comfort zone by admitting that sometimes I need help. I figured that accepting Pennie's offer would be a good place to start. 

I don't know why I don't get together with my friends more often. I always feel so much better after some quality time talking, laughing and sharing. I love my husband dearly, but he is a man and sometimes he just doesn't understand. I have come to accept that there are some things that are best understood by friends rather than spouses. 

It has been far too long since I've given myself permission to just relax and enjoy the day. I am typically running from project to project, leaving myself barely enough time to breath. Yesterday was one of those rare occasions where I just let go of the to do list and the stress of the recent weeks and just spent time with a friend.  My house is cluttered and I still have a mountain of work ready to be tackled, but I feel more centered and ready to plow through the piles.


No comments:

Post a Comment