About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Monday, August 24, 2015

Decluttering

Friday morning, as I was sitting in my rocker trying to slurp down coffee during the few fleeting moments when Timmy was amusing himself with a toy, I made a split second decision. While I had every intention of cracking the whip and calling a family cleaning session over the weekend, I realized that I had too much on my plate. Instead of fretting and stressing over my cluttered house, I called reinforcements.

I would probably feel more comfortable claiming that I needed to call a cleaning service because I was having trouble with my leg, the truth remains that I was just lacking the time and motivation to tackle the dirty beast that has become my home.  I really wanted to just enjoy time relaxing with my boys before they returned to the hectic schedule of the school year. Coupled with the return to school, this week I travel to testify at the Medicare hearing.  I wanted to be able to be as well-rested as possible, so I broke down and made the call.

After the maids left, I sat in my living room in comfortable awe. My house smelled good, and looked sparkling clean. I really should have done this earlier because I felt a weight lift as I took in the order and cleanliness around me.  I never realized that my living room was so spacious!

Timmy had a great time running laps around the living room floor, giggling and spinning himself dizzy. After about 10 minutes his mood switched, and he became frustrated. His happy squeals morphed to panic. Standing in the spot where his music table had always been located, I realized the problem. His toys were missing, which is also the reason my living room looked so big and uncluttered!

I quickly located the small mountain of bright plastic (and large) toys stashed behind the couch. As I slowly moved the pile, my spacious and uncluttered living room began to change. We are now back to the same cluttered space with a path among the toys to traverse through the room. Oh well, I guess I will have to live with the baby clutter for awhile. Someday I will have my spacious room again, but for now I'll just be happy that the floors underneath are clean.

No comments:

Post a Comment