About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Thursday, January 07, 2016

Busy Busy

Yesterday Timmy continued his streak of waking up obscenely early, forcing me from my warm bed and into the cold living room well before dawn. Slurping down coffee and coaxing the fire to light, I struggled to keep my mischievous little guy in check. Hamlet has learned the power behind his volume early in the morning. When he squawks, I tend to drop everything to appease him in an attempt to keep the house quiet for Scott and Robby. Poor kid is in for a reality shock once summer vacation starts, because all the rules are going to change.

Thankfully my leg sores have continued to heal because he certainly kept me moving. He seemingly moved from one messy "exploration" to another, leaving a trail of unraveled toilet paper, torn magazines, overturned laundry and books in his wake. I will never cease to be amazed at the amount of havoc such a little kid can create!

Hoping to tucker him out, I bundled up both of us and headed outside. After a few minutes I had to unbutton my coat because I was working up a sweat running after him. At this point, I've decided that I don't need a gym membership because playing with Timmy is all the workout I'll ever need.

No comments:

Post a Comment