About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Tuesday, March 08, 2016

Little Timmy the Terror

Yesterday two suspicions were confirmed: Timmy cannot be trusted, and he is now officially faster than me. I can take care of the latter by switching to wearing my running leg full time.  Hopefully with the proper prosthesis I will still have a chance of wrangling my little elf.  He has been taking full advantage of my inability to sprint after him, and it is time to rock his little world.  

I am at a loss for what to do concerning his mischievous behavior. He seems to go out of his way to wreak havoc and is especially fond of throwing. From food to remote controls, everything goes airborne when he gets that glint in his eyes.

 We were at a restaurant yesterday to pick up lunch for today's birthday surprise. I let go of Timmy's hand for one moment so that I could open my wallet, and he took off sprinting through the restaurant. He was in the storage room by the time I caught him. For good measure, he decided to throw a fit when I ruined his fun. Throwing himself on the ground, beating the floor and screaming at the top of his lungs. The diners and staff were treated to quite a floor show courtesy of my little terror. 

While the food was being prepared, I took Timmy outside to walk and explore. He seemed happy and was relatively well behaved. When we went back in to retrieve our food, he was compliant and all smiles.  I failed to recognize the telltale glint in his eyes.

I placed him in a corner booth next to the condiment bar so that I could get some sauce for Scott's sandwich.  I turned my back for one nano second and I heard a loud crash, followed by a delighted giggle. Timmy had thrown a glass bottle of vinegar across the restaurant, smashing it against the bar.  

I was simultaneously angry, mortified and exhausted. The staff could not have been nicer. They refused my offer to replace the bottle, but I insisted and finally just stuffed the bills in the tip jar before creeping out of the restaurant.  I hope that Scott likes his sandwich because we won't be able to return to that restaurant for awhile.

No comments:

Post a Comment