About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Thursday, March 31, 2016

Mood Lifter

Even though I was still feeling the funk of disappointment, I did my best to have a better day. When I wasn't working, I stayed as busy as possible by playing with Timmy. (Incidentally, he thoroughly enjoyed the nonstop attention.) As the day progressed my feigning happiness started to morph into actually feeling the emotion again. While I'm still bummed out, I'm no longer going to let the disappointment reign my moods. Onward and upward, I'm looking to the future instead of lamenting the past.

Timmy and I spent our time jumping on the trampoline and playing outside. I love that he now freely walks over to visit Mr. Bill. Timmy often walks right up to the front door and begins knocking on the window.  When his friend doesn't answer, he just starts yelling and screaming until Mr. Bill comes outside to play. The pair are forming a very different, albeit just as special, relationship.

Timmy and Robby are absolutely amazing mood lifters. It is impossible to remain downtrodden long when I am around them. Between Robby's inquisitive nature and Timmy's mischievous smile, I have so many genuine reasons to smile. When I look at my boys, all of the small setbacks in life feel trivial. 

Don't get me wrong. I'm still bummed out when I think about the setback, but I'm moving in the right direction.  When I'm not busy formulating a new plan to achieve the same goal I've been spending my time playing with the boys. I have a stronger, more empowered frame of mind about the situation. Sometimes the alternative route turns out to be the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment