About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Wednesday, June 08, 2016

Day 1

Almost as soon as I said goodbye to Robby and drove away I began to feel excited about traveling to National Conference. I think that my enthusiasm was layered underneath the anxiety and sadness of leaving my family. Once those worries were peeled away, I felt nothing but happiness driving down the road.

I saw several friends last night, and I'm looking forward to hugging and visiting with more as they trickle in today. It is so much fun having everybody in one place. Like I mentioned yesterday, it is unique to not be the only person missing in a limb. In a crowd of amputees, I completely blend in with everybody else. (Or, blend as much as possible for me!)

Today will be fun but busy as I help to set up for the event. If you are at conference, come and find me to say hello. I saw a cafe in the lobby that sells insanely yummy looking cupcakes. Perhaps we could hang out in person!

No comments:

Post a Comment