About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Thursday, June 09, 2016

Day 2

Yesterday was busy setting up signs and passing out t-shirts. It wasn't the most intellectually taxing work, but I was happy to pitch in to prepare for the event. As an added bonus, I had logged 10,000 steps before lunch. As a reward, I enjoyed a guilt free slice of cake after dinner. 

My friends started to trickle in throughout the afternoon. I was able to grab a quick hug (and a few selfies) while I was working. I'm hoping to break away from the t-shirt table to be able to visit today. (Of course if you are at Conference, feel free to visit me at the table. I'll most certainly be there!) 

Coming to conference as a participant and not an employee is rising on my bucket list. I see all of my friends having fun while I'm tethered to a booth. Sometimes I feel like a kid watching Christmas morning through a window, close enough to witness all of the fun but unable to fully partake. Of course, having lots of visits today would help to stem my loneliness behind the piles of t-shirts! 

No comments:

Post a Comment