About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Monday, June 13, 2016

Summer of Friendship and Fun

Saturday evening I arrived home, just in time to see Timmy before he went to bed. He was excited to see me but I think that his fatigue impacted his enthusiasm. It wasn't until Sunday morning, when I popped my head in his room to spring him from his crib, that I received the reaction I had been anticipating.

He squealed and began to clap when he saw me enter. I was smothered with Timmy kisses and hugged spontaneously throughout the morning. Out of fear that I would disappear again, he also kept me within sight during every waking moment.

Yesterday we spent the afternoon at the pool. I had a great time with my amputee friends, but it was comforting to be back with my family. Scott played with Robby in the deep end while I entertained Hamlet in the baby pool. He is quite a little water bug!

Today is Robby's last day of fourth grade.  How did that happen? It feels like just yesterday I was splashing with him in the baby pool, and now he is ten years old and entering fifth grade. I am so proud of the young man that is emerging!

Because Jack is moving in July, we are actively working towards expanding Robby's friendship circle in the coming weeks. I can't erase the pain he will feel, but hopefully we can soften the blow a tad. I am looking forward to the official summer of "Friendship and Fun."

Let the summertime adventures begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment