About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Thursday, June 16, 2016

Vacation

Robby is three days into summer vacation and, so far, it has been a rousing success.  He has thoroughly enjoyed sleeping in without my "annoying wake up songs" to get him up and moving for school. After he leisurely meanders out of bed we make breakfast and solidify our plans for the day. He certainly has a fantastic little life!

Tuesday we went to the farm in the afternoon and the pool in the evening. Both Timmy and Robby had a blast feeding the animals and playing on the structures. The farm has definitely become one of my happy places. All of my stress and anxieties seem to evaporate while I'm watching my boys play and giggle. 

Yesterday Robby opted to play video games until his friend Jack was ready to play. The pair were riding bikes, playing in our sprinkler and running through the woods and into the stream until dark. When Robby finally came home he was filthy, famished and tired from playing all day. 

Today is Scott's last day of work and will join Robby on vacation starting tomorrow. I know that he is looking forward to turning off his alarm clock for awhile and relaxing. Timmy is going to be delighted having everybody home all day. Hopefully I will survive the 73 days of having everybody home. (Not that I'm counting down to the next school year.) 



No comments:

Post a Comment