About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Friday, July 15, 2016

Swim and Bounce

In an attempt to escape the swampy hot temperatures, we spent the afternoon at the pool. Tiffany (my niece) and Robby jumped, splashed and played together seamlessly. There was none of the squabbling or fighting that habitually accompanies our pool visits with other friends. I really wish that my niece lived closer so that the pair could play more often!

While the big kids were fully immersed, Scott and I were in the baby pool with Hamlet. He had a great time splashing and playing in the waist high water. Accustomed to playing with me, our burgeoning water bug took full advantage of his Daddy being at the pool.

I assumed that nearly three hours of water fun would have tuckered out the kids. Apparently not this bunch!  They were still revved up and ready for more adventures after dinner. (I really do wish that I had their boundless energy.) Running on fumes, I begrudgingly agreed to take them to the trampoline park for quick bounce.

We were prepared for the trampoline park to be packed because of the heat outside. When heat advisories are issued urging you to stay indoors, indoor playgrounds tend to become crowded quickly. I was surprised when we arrived and there were only two cars in the parking lot. It turns out that we were the only ones there, and the kids had free reign of the facility.

Our "quick" bounce morphed into jumping until they closed down. Even though i was tired, I couldn't blame the kids for wanting to stay. Having a trampoline park to yourself instantly propels the jumping session into an epic adventure.

Robby and Tiffany jumped, bounced and played dodge ball for two hours.  I spent the time following Timmy, who was desperately trying to keep up with the big kids. Fueled on happy energy, my little toddler never stopped smiling or moving.

As the workers started to dim the lights we made our way to our car. Timmy fell asleep before we pulled out of the parking lot. From the looks on Robby and Tiffany's faces, I knew that they weren't going to last long. I felt victorious because I had finally managed to tire them out. As an added bonus, I logged 17,000 steps in the process.

No comments:

Post a Comment