About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Friday, September 23, 2016

Not Giving UP

I can't believe that it is true, but I am actually feeling guilty for not going to the gym this week. I still don't enjoy working out, but I did come to appreciate how I felt at the end of each session. I pledged to keep going once everybody returned to school, but that promise has gone down in flames. Between sick Timmy and my leg sore, I have failed miserably at maintaining my gym schedule. 

I was flirting with going to the gym yesterday but the tenderness on the back of my leg led me to rethink that decision. I realized that I wasn't healed enough to put my limb through an intense 30 minute workout.  As much as I wanted to sweat and get back into the groove, my desire to completely heal and recover took priority. Sometimes I really hate being an amputee dealing with skin issues! 

Hopefully my leg will continue to make progress and I'll be able to return to the gym next week. In the meantime, I am going to try to remove the self imposed guilt. I had to take a respite because of family and health issues, not because I quit. A setback of a few weeks is not going to deter me from my goal, and in the long run it is only a blip.  Now maybe if I keep reminding myself of this I will actually start to believe it!

No comments:

Post a Comment