About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Thursday, October 06, 2016

Back to Play

The past few weeks have not been my finest. Between the headstone unveiling for my Dad, Timmy becoming dangerously ill with pneumonia and strep, and being mutilated by bed bugs, I have been living on high alert crisis mode. Struggling just to maintain a semblance of function, my markers for a successful day included having the kids eat, getting Robby to school and completing my work obligations. I just didn't have the energy to invest in anything more than the minimum.

Thankfully things have started to drastically improve. My fumigating the house upon immediate bed bug discovery may have been enough to stop the infestation in its tracks. The bed bug sniffing dog (yes, there is such a thing and he was adorable) came to our house to help investigate. No bugs were discovered, which (hopefully) means that I did not transport the horrid little critters home. We are still on bug alert and living out of zip lock bags, but our house baking has been put on the back burner. 

More important than the bed bugs, Timmy is feeling better. Each day my little guy is coughing less and smiling more. His precocious and mischievous energy has returned in full force. Yesterday the weather was gorgeous so I packed him up and we went on a special trip to the farm. We played on the moon bounce, zipped down the slides and climbed on the tractors. He was grinning from ear to ear, giggling with each new activity and discovery. It was so wonderful to see him so carefree and happy again. 

He had a wonderful time playing, but he did tire quickly. Typically we would have been at the farm for a few hours. Yesterday he was tuckered out after 45 minutes. I know it is going to take him awhile to fully recover, so I am taking 45 minutes of full on play and joy as a win.

Hopefully things will continue to look up!



No comments:

Post a Comment