About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Friday, December 02, 2016

NYC!

Good morning from New York City!

I have never been particularly apt at keeping secrets, but somehow I managed to keep the details of this trip under wraps until it was public knowledge.  Several weeks ago I was notified that I had been selected to receive the Henry Viscardi Achievement Award.  This international award recognizes individuals with disabilities who are making an impact in the community.  

Last night was made even more special because another honoree is my dear friend Dave.  Dave is my podcast and advocacy partner in crime.  Scott and I thoroughly enjoyed sharing the evening with Dave and his wife Cara.  






No comments:

Post a Comment