About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Wednesday, December 21, 2016

Winter Vacation Begins

Happy Winter Vacation!

Yesterday was the last day of school for 2016.  Both Robby and Scott have off until January 3, and ]  they are both thrilled to be on vacation. I know that Timmy will thoroughly enjoy the chaos that comes from a full house.  My excitement for their school break is slightly tempered by the reality that their vacations almost always equate to more work for me, but I am still happy for the vacation.

Regardless of the extra dishes, laundry, interruptions and work disruptions that come from school holidays, I am going to make the most of having everybody home.  My priorities are going to shift over the next two weeks, and I'm going to grant myself some leniency when it comes to household chores. After all, I deserve to enjoy winter vacation as well!

Today I'm kicking the school holiday off with a quick get away adventure with Robby, my niece and my nephews.  We're going to a hotel near my Mom's that has a large indoor water park. Per Aunt Peggy Adventure protocols, nobody knows about the adventure I have planned.  In fact, only Robby and my niece know that an adventure is in the works. My nephews are completely oblivious to the surprise I am plotting.  I can't wait to surprise them this afternoon.

Let the Winter 2016 adventures begin! 


No comments:

Post a Comment