About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Monday, February 20, 2017

Exile

After another weekend away, it is nice to be home again. Although this trip was short, I think Timmy is the most relieved to be home. As soon as arrived he began exploring all of his toys to make sure that nothing was missing. He then grabbed puppy blanket and cuddled up on the rocker next to me to watch cartoons. He seemed content to be laid down in his crib when it was time for bed,  his little pink cheeked face reminding me that he isn't feeling well.

We've been doing a lot of traveling lately, but the next few weeks we have nothing scheduled.  We aren't going to have any grand adventures or getaways. Instead, I plan on staying home and focus on getting Timmy stronger. My sweet little Hamlet has been sick or recovering from an illness for months. We (Timmy and me) won't be going anywhere in public until he is better.

Today is President's Day, which means that Scott and Robby are home from school. I have no plans to fill their schedules with tasks and chores. Instead I'm going to lay off and just let everybody relax. After all of the commotion recently, I think we all need some time to decompress and relax.

No comments:

Post a Comment