About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Wednesday, February 15, 2017

Valetine's Day Recap

Yesterday we had a nice, albeit low key, Valentine's Day. After our weekend adventure Scott and I struck an agreement for a minimalist holiday this year. I gave him a pound of personalized M&M's and made a nice family dinner.  He surprised me with a bouquet of flowers and did the dishes. At this stage in our relationship, sometimes true romance is expressed through housework and division of family chores.

Robby had a great day at school. He ended up exchanging emoji pillows with a friend "who happens to be a girl but please don't think that she is my girlfriend." It was actually cute because both friends wanted to buy a gift for each other and ended up choosing the exact same.  I topped off the school day by surprising his class with milkshakes, elevating him to hero.

Timmy seemed to enjoy the excitement of the holiday, but he loves most things. I brought him some new Thomas the Train books so he spent the majority of the day hugging them and paging through the pictures. He still won't sit down to listen to me read, but he no longer tries to chew on the books so we are considering that progress!

I hope that everybody had a wonderful Valentine's Day, filled with whatever level of celebration you desired.

No comments:

Post a Comment