About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Wednesday, April 26, 2017

Looking Forward-

The past few days have been both liberating and emotionally exhausting. After 5.5 years working social media for an amputee organization, I submitted my resignation on Monday. Leaving something that has been both steady and comfortable is scary, but I am exhilarated about my next professional venture. (More to come when the news is officially released.)

In January I declared 2017 the year that I was going to believe in myself the same way that I believe in others. Leaving my job was an integral step to chasing my dreams and ambitions. Resigning from the position was not easy because I love my amputee community,  and I am passionate about the work that I was doing on their behalf. Every single day for the past 5.5 years I definitively knew that what I was doing was making a difference in somebody's life. I will always be proud of the community pages that I facilitated.

Although I provided two weeks notice, yesterday morning I discovered that I had been stripped of my admin credentials and email access. I was shocked because I had been a faithful and dedicated steward since I started so many years ago. I was hoping to transition out of the position and to professionally end my tenure. The organization opted to move in a different direction. I am frustrated with the lack of closure after so many dedicated years, but thankfully I have this blog to explain my quick departure.

Yesterday I found myself in a novel situation. I had absolutely nothing to do. After working for 1,964 days, I had a day off. At first I felt lost, but quickly decided that staying busy would be the best distraction from the quagmire of my emotions. I packed up Timmy and we headed to the bounce houses. Jumping for two hours with my little guy was the best distraction ever!

Rest assured that, although I have left my position, I remain committed to the community. I am still going to be involved. I will still be facilitating peer networking and offering assistance whenever possible. I will still be advocating and pushing the issues that are impacting the community and I will still be blogging. Dave and I have a list of groundbreaking resources in development. I believe that this change will serve to amplify my efforts for the community.

My title and employer are changing but my passion and commitment remain the same.  My new position starts soon, and I am excited to share this new journey with all of you. I can't wait until I can reveal my news! (Secret keeping has never been my strong suit.)

No comments:

Post a Comment