About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Tuesday, May 02, 2017

Sick Ward

It feels like the cold plague has descended upon our house. Everybody is sick and feeling miserable. Robby was home from school yesterday with a fever and a nasty cough. Timmy has thoroughly claimed the bottom of two nightgowns and three shirts by mistaking them as a walking Kleenex. I am going to need to put the washer on heavy duty in order to wash those green boogies away. (Ick!)

I'm wasn't sick enough to call a Momom sick day (which basically means that I'm still able to get out of bed) but yesterday I felt miserable. I was exhausted from the moment I woke up. Of course, the fact that I was roused out of bed at 4 by a sick toddler probably contributed greatly to my fatigue. Timmy wasn't sick enough to be slowed down. Rather, he was at the dreaded place where he was frustrated that he didn't feel well but was strong enough to keep running on steam. In other words, he was a boogerie, miserable, frustrated mess. That's not a good combination for anybody, but the trifecta is particularly destructive with a toddler.

Robby spent the day alternating between resting in bed and playing computer games. I spent the day trying to corral a sick little tornado while attempting to avoid being used as a giant tissue. I wasn't successful with either objective. I'm hoping that today is a better, and healthier, day for everybody!

No comments:

Post a Comment