About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Monday, June 05, 2017

WWII Weekend

Whether it be luck, the stars aligning or Robby's birthday wish, I was able to catch an earlier flight home on Friday. I made it to VA by 11 pm where I was met by my ecstatic Koopa running towards me at full sprint.  After gathering up my things, we decided to head straight to PA. We knew that the decision meant we wouldn't arrive until 1, but the trade off of seeing my Timmy first thing in the morning and minimizing the drive time to the WWII weekend was motivation to hunker down and get driving. 

Robby settled into the back of the car and quickly fell asleep. Scott and I were able to use the time to recount and decompress about our work weeks. Because their was no traffic at that late hour, the drive was easy. We pulled into my Mom's driveway and slipped into the beds she had made for us.  I was next to Timmy when he woke up in the morning, and the delight on his face made the late night drive worth it.

Saturday morning we all packed up and headed to the World War II weekend in Reading, Pa.  I was worried that the experience might not meet Robby's memories from the prior year and that event might not shine as brightly the second time around. Of course I couldn't have been more incorrect.  Apparently the World War II weekend gets better each year.

It is safe to say that all of my boys (Scott included) thoroughly enjoyed the weekend.  Timmy was enthralled by the planes constantly flying, Robby relished chatting up any reenactor who had a spare moment, and Scott was intrigued by historical planes.  All three were engaged and smiling throughout the two day event. 

It is safe to say that it was a great experience for everybody. We're already counting down to World War II weekend 2018.













No comments:

Post a Comment