About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Monday, July 31, 2017

A Few Days Home

After a fantastic vacation, we are finally home and life is slowly returning to normal. I am working my way through the piles of laundry and clutter that accumulated before, during and after the trip. I have come to accept that two days are required to catch up for every one day away.  After the busy summer we have had, I may be caught up on everything sometime in October.

Much of the housework will have to wait because I'm getting ready to go on another trip this week. I'm excited to see my amputee friends at the national conference, but the prospect of more travel has me feeling frazzled and overwhelmed. I know that I will be happy when I arrive, but right now I would be just as content to stay home and mull around the house for the week. I am definitely a homebody!

Even though I am dreading traveling again, especially so quickly after returning from vacation, I know that I will feel energized and empowered when I'm around my amputee friends. Although it is one that few willingly join, the limb loss community is like no other. I am always in awe of the compassion, genuine empathy and understanding that is freely offered within our little clique. Being around my friends always leaves me feeling strengthened simply because I am reminded that I am not alone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment