About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Friday, October 13, 2017

Sick Timmy

It seems that the family virus has now stopped on Timmy. He was playing happily throughout the morning and afternoon but suddenly stopped and asked me to leave the playground. He fell sound asleep during the drive home, and when I carried him into the house I noticed that he felt warm. He spent the remainder of the afternoon and evening on the couch, sleeping and hot from a fever.

I worry more about Timmy's ability to fight off and to rebound from an infection.  Whereas Robby tends to bounce back quickly, Timmy has a hard time fighting back when he becomes sick. His immune system is still not as strong as it should be for his age. He tends to become sick quicker and suffer more severe symptoms which last longer than they would in a "typical" child. 

His high fever coupled with his lethargic affect worried us so I slept in his room last night. It is too generous to describe our activity as sleeping though because neither of us rested well.  Today, and probably much of the weekend, will be spent pushing liquids and cuddling on the couch. I feel so helpless when he is sick!

No comments:

Post a Comment